Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there. There’s never been a better time to get behind our cause; we are an ambitious and exciting international development charity and this is your chance to be a part of an incredible fundraising adventure!
At Street Child, we are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed, keeping overheads low so that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in Africa. We are currently looking for a full time (33hours/week) Swiss intern to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred internship duration is 6 months; however shorter durations can be discussed.
Street Child embraces skills diversity among interns and we are more than happy, according to our current needs, to craft tasks depending on the personal qualities of the intern and/or give the intern freedom to apply his/her personal skills.
You will be part of a small team led by the Street Child EU Development Manager and you correspond and report to the Swiss Country Manager. Below are some examples of your responsibilities but you will spend 60% of your time on the first 2 tasks.
Fundraising research: find new funding prospects including trusts, foundations and major donors in Switzerland, and contact them.
Foundations proposal writing: write funding proposals for trusts and foundations using knowledge of previous, current and upcoming Street Child projects.
- Support day-to-day tasks of the office, help in minute-taking during meetings and others administrative related tasks.
- Manage social media, update the website and promote local and international events and the international volunteering program, manage a few email campaigns, translation to and from English to German/French.
- Support planned events and develop new ideas.
- Build and manage collaborations and partnerships with other organizations and companies.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
- The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience for your CV through working on a wide variety of tasks and through the regularly provided training sessions, giving you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. .
- As Street Child is still a fairly new organization, you will have greater responsibility than in other internships and you will have the chance to make a big impact for a great cause. Moreover, by working with a young, dynamic and international team, you will meet culturally diverse people and have the opportunity to practice different languages.
Requirements / Key characteristics:
- Self-motivated, pro-active and innovative thinking with the ability to use your initiative and work independently.
- Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission.
- Willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team.
Areas of university studies:
- Include but are not limited to international relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs, marketing.
- Excellent communication skills with professional manner via telephone and email.
- A native German or French level and professional English skills are required.
- Document translation skills.
- Knowledge on social media and Microsoft Office will be needed.
- Having knowledge of the fundraising landscape in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and the different existing channels is a plus.
Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their nationality, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please apply under the following link: https://apply.workable.com/streetchildcareers/j/82A108C642/apply/
We are looking forward to hearing from you!