We are looking for a General Manager (English speaker) to take charge of the establishment, operation, and scaling activities for our local and remote locations (Switzerland and USA) of our startup life science service company, whose main clients are in the US, EU, and Asia. The clientele of Mhetra consists of companies who develop and manufacture medical device, biotech and pharmaceutical products; as well as service providers in the life science industry. (Compensation: 50K - 70K CHF base salary + Bonus per year à ~55,000 – 100,000 CHF per year) - (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Regional General Manager – (Life Science Agency_Startup_English)
Mhetra is a small MSP and PEO (Managed Service Provider and Professional Employer Organization) agency which supports pharmaceutical, medical device / medtech, biotech and life science companies in gaining and maintaining market access globally. We assure the success of our customers and partners:
- by managing their functional business processes (outsourced to Mhetra), and/or
- by assigning qualified personnel to manage their internal processes.
Our dynamic team does not only secure high level of expertise and process efficiency for our clients, but our creative service solutions result in attractive cost and time savings. Our mission is to promote global public health by contributing and supporting the impactful objectives of our clients and partners. We are currently located in the USA and in Switzerland.
As the General Manager you’ll oversee the operation activities being handled by our virtual office members (currently founders + 15-30 freelancers), including monitoring current client project progress, providing leadership, direction, guidance, motivation and support to the team of service and admin specialists (remote and local). You’ll report to our location in the French side of Switzerland (Romandie).
You will work hand in hand with one of the co-founders of Mhetra, an American who has been living in Switzerland for the past couple of years. As an RGM, you will also have a seat at the table with senior leadership to continually improve systems and processes to ensure we are growing effectively while maintaining quality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the management of all business operations and functions to ensure the achievement of business plans and budgets.
- Collaborate, cooperate, and proactively contribute to ensure the annual business plan and budget is achieved.
- Prepare reports and forecasts for the Board as required.
- Communicate performance expectations and support the team by building required competencies, providing feedback, managing behaviors and performance gaps.
- Actively participate in the Annual Performance Review process.
- Client Management – lead client contact, maintain relationships, challenge and interpret client briefs, lead clients through event process with drive
- Team Management – oversee and support Project Managers and resource allocation
- Lead, inspire and motivate teams to understand and ‘live’ company values and to deliver commercial goals and ambition.
- Monitor individual & team performance and workload, address learning, development needs, and performance issues.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships (including freelancers)
- Project Management – be responsible at a senior level for the delivery of projects on time and budget, meeting and exceeding client’s expectations
- Prepare and implement annual business plans and budgets.
- Monitor and maintain quality processes, and make sure company spirit and ethos is maintained and embraced by the team
- Actively help develop and/or finalize service products based on established plans and new requests from clients
- Solve escalated issues involving multi-faceted stakeholders and cross-functional coordination
- Support and improve systems for best-in-class client service and partner success
You’ll be an English speaker (French and/or German great plus), who has already managed a team, and has a great background in business management and entrepreneurship. Although not required, experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, and/or life science industry would be considered a great plus. You’ll have a bright and proactive personality, in keeping with the ethos and spirit of this friendly and dynamic agency.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with proven management responsibilities
- Bachelors in Business – Masters’ in Business Administration (MBA) would be ideal
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and at least one other Swiss language i.e. preferably French or German.
- Strong interest in international business activities
- Confident with good client relationship building skills
- Bright and personable with passion and pride in contributing to the business
- Strong leadership qualities – being able to work as part of a team, nurturing younger members, and reinforcing a team approach on client projects and internal initiatives
- Well organized, numerate, great communication and interpersonal skills, customer-focused
- Strong knowledge of business practices and methodologies.
- Self-starter, autonomous, reliable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but very dynamic company – and take the lead to develop and put together your own great team!